Re: is the bad performance because of backend and how could I change bac

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: is the bad performance because of backend and how could I change backend?
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 11:15:16 +0200

Am 02.05.2009 um 19:26 schrieb Zhang Weiwu:

My question is is it possible to just compile one backend with xlibs
myself and configure debian official gnustep to use that backend?

You can always install debian packages from source and modify souces along the way. In opposite to compiling the corresponding release directly, this applies platform-specific patches.

For a starter, you might want to have a look here:

<http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-sourcehandling.en.html>

HTH,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter