Re: GNUstep and compositing?

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: GNUstep and compositing?
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 17:05:29 -0600

El dom, 01-11-2009 a las 22:12 +0100, Fred Kiefer escribió:

> I think, I understand now. Your new tool is not managing the position of
> app icons itself. This is left to the applications themselves. What your
> tool does is to provide a position and size for this icon to the
> application. When starting up the application asks for this information
> and then positions it icon accordingly.
> This seems quite nice as it isn't intrusive and should be easy to
> implement via DO. What I don't get is the interface you are proposing
> for these methods. Why don't you use NSRect and NSSize here?

Sure, is better.

> Also there seems to be the issue of an application stopping before
> unregistering it's windows. How will that be handled?

Are you referring when an app is closed, and this have windows
miniaturized?. I had not thought of this. But, I think that something
like this is enough on terminate: method

NSWindow *win;
NSEnumerator *windows = [[NSApp windows] objectEnumerator];

while((win = [windows nextObject]))
{
 if([win isMiniaturized])
   {