question about low availability of Mac OS X applications that has GnuSte

From: Zhang Weiwu, Beijing
Subject: question about low availability of Mac OS X applications that has GnuStep edition
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:20:27 +0800

Hi. I have one question as a stupid user: why there is no commercial Mac
OS X application that was ever offered also offer GNU Step binary?

I had been using Mac OS on one computer and gnustep on another for 5
years without coming across one application that runs on both. I dimly
remembered around 3 years ago I even wrote to one of the vendor asking
them to port to gnustep saying "it's just a re-compilation" and they
replied they didn't know gnustep could do that and yet it's not a
priority now for them to test if what I said is true, but would be happy
to do that when they got the time, which usually means forever.

No criticism. I am too stupid to know the detail to comment insightfully
on any topic being discussed here. I am juts being curious why it's not
already happening that a lot of Mac OS applications (and AppStore
applications) water-flow to Linux users like they did in Apple's new world.

Best regards

--
我的博客:
http://zhangweiwu.ixiezi.com/