Re: GNUstep on 10.7

From: artware
Subject: Re: GNUstep on 10.7
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 16:15:42 -0500

No luck... I removed just the lib, and it gave me the same error.
Bizarrely, when I removed the lib AND the headers, configure actually
did run all the way through. However, when I went to make, there were
plenty of errors, starting with:
.././GNUstepBase/GSConfig.h:394:13: warning: '__weak' macro redefined

and going on to lots of:
/usr/include/objc/message.h:72:1: error: unknown type name 'OBJC_EXPORT'

So it seems libobjc is broken / old?

I'm trying to compile libobjc from SVN now, but it's being difficult.
Trying to make gave me the error:
In file included from ./objc/toydispatch.h:18:
In file included from /usr/include/dispatch/dispatch.h:56:
/usr/include/dispatch/io.h:259:31: error: unknown type name 'mode_t'

So I added <sys/stat.h> to toydispatch.h... That seems to have allowed
it to compile, but it doesn't want to install:
GNUmakefile:8: /common.make: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:146: /aggregate.make: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:147: /library.make: No such file or directory

It's frustrating. All I want to do is write server-side apps in
Objective-C, with a few of the NSFoundation niceties. Why does it seem
to be so insurmountable?