characters problems in terminal

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: characters problems in terminal
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 00:39:43 +0100

Hi,

I noticed today that we have some troubles in terminal with characters generated with Alt-Gr (NetBSD in my case, I'll test elsewhere soon). I think we did not have them in the past, I would have noticed. On an Italian keyboard, I need alt-gr to type square and curly braces, @, # and ~: characters you surely soon notice missing. I don't know how these reproduce on other layouts. US Keyboards don't have Alt-gr afaik. French and German people can try though probably.

What happens is that for example, square brackets need to be typed twice, as if the first gets eaten out. Others I cannot entirely type.

My X11 setup is fine, since I can type them in Xterm or Emacs. Also, typing them in Ink seems fine.

Terminal sources didn't change in a long time, was something senisble changed in gui/backend? Maybe something about key modifiers or such.

Riccardo