Re: single packaging for windows

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: single packaging for windows
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 08:55:42 +0100

Hi,
Julian add this instructions at wiki:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Deployment_on_Linux

Is for linux, but can help.

it looks about what I need to do, just on windows. But it looks like I need to build a second distribution, standalone, just to make my application? This looks quite complicated. Especially on windows where everything is a bunch of DLLs which need to be in a place where they can be found.

I think to remember that with some care everything could be assembled by hand, but then some configuration properties and files need to be tweaked. The "standalone" build probably takes care of this, but perhaps does much more.

The best would be something like "make --standalone" in my app.

Riccardo