Re: single packaging for windows

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: single packaging for windows
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:03:20 +0100

Hi,
If you look at gnustep-make/Documentation/README.MinGW you will find it has
step by step instructions for shipping a standalone app.

This dates back to 2007, so possibly some things have changed, but the basic
principle  will not have.

Perhaps you could update it if/where necessary?
I will update it slightly, because our standard mingw install is slightly different and I follow that.

I don't have definitive success with the guide though. When I package the application, copy all the dlls, the application doesn't find the backend. y guess is that GNUstep.conf doesn't get interpreted and the bundles don't get loaded. Could that be the case? I start the application like Nicola suggest just with a double click.
I don't have a script or another mean to set environment variables before.

Riccardo