Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...

From: Doc O'Leary
Subject: Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 11:36:02 -0600

In article <mailman.9862.1387588676.10748.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Germán Arias <germanandre@gmx.es> wrote:

> > Again with the stupid rush to implement things . . .
>
> Remember that, in general, write free software is a hobby. Just to see
> what happens.

That's no reason to abandon science.  I can "see what happens" without
all the wasted effort.  There is are good reasons why the crowd funding
failed.  There are good reasons why GNUstep hasn't boomed along with
Apple.  Good, *obvious* reasons that would have been evident to anyone
who was thinking critically about how the world works.

> "More valuable" is subjective.

Not always.  In the realm of science, in fact, very few things are
matters of opinion.  When the science is against your opinion, the smart
thing to do is change your opinion.  Too many people here seem unwilling
to do that.

> No all people here are scientists. That isn't a requisite to write free
> software. People have a lot of different reasons to write software.
> And even being scientists, that doesn't means all will be agree with
> same ideas.

Hell, they're outright dismissive of the *discussion* of said ideas.
That's just beyond the pale.

--
iPhone apps that matter:    http://appstore.subsume.com/
My personal UDP list: 127.0.0.1, localhost, googlegroups.com, theremailer.net,