Re: Compiling on openbsd with gcc4.8, executables fail to run

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Compiling on openbsd with gcc4.8, executables fail to run
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 21:08:02 +0100

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
One of the reasons I named the libobjc2 library libobjc2.so.X.X
in the ports tree is because of the naming clash problems.

I'm sorry but you omitted the answers to my questions above
to be able to help you, and to understand why you are doing it.
I think I answered you? I don't need need to install another libobjc, since I want to use gcc's one.

Essentially, my goal is just to compile as I would with the system compiler, just with another gcc version. I think it is quite legitimate.

I'm wondering if this is a shortcoming of how gcc4 is packaged in openbsd or by gnustep's make. I need to give precedence to the /usr/local version of libobjc to the system one.

At the end it is a plausible scenario to have more than one compiler version installed.

Of course if you have gcc vs. clang it is easyer, since with clang you install a different libobjc!

What options/flags could be used for that?

Riccardo