Re: GNUstep and SQLite3

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: GNUstep and SQLite3
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 21:00:40 +0100

> Am 05.06.2018 um 19:33 schrieb Ivan Vučica <ivan@vucica.net>:
>

>> On 5 Jun 2018, at 18:39, Wolfgang Lux <wolfgang.lux@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Am 05.06.2018 um 14:48 schrieb Andreas Höschler <ahoesch@smartsoft.de>:
>>>
>>> I am stuck! Any idea whatI am doing wrong and how to get this working?
>>
>> Add -lsqlite3 to FirstAccess_TOOL_LIBS. :-)
>> BTW, you should also add the other -l options to FirstAccess_TOOL_LIBS and
>> not to _LIB_DIRS, which is intended to be used for -L options. This has a
>> better chance of getting the order of flags right on systems where it
>> matters.
>
> This doesn’t fully explain the latter attempt when manually invoking gcc
> (which is probably clang).

I'm not exactly sure what your comment is referring to. The problem is that
there is no -lsqlite3 option to link with the SQLite3 library in the first
place and that fully explains the undefined _sqlite3_* symbols during the link
step.
My additional advice on the use of the TOOL_LIBS and LIB_DIRS flags is just for
getting the order of options right (otherwise he'd might link with the SQLite3
version that comes with macOS and is installed in /usr/lib rather than the one
installed locally in /usr/local/lib, although I doubt it will make much of a
difference in this particular case).

Wolfgang