Re: GNUstep and SQLite3

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: GNUstep and SQLite3
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 00:35:57 +0100

On Tue 5 Jun 2018 at 21:00 Wolfgang Lux <wolfgang.lux@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 05.06.2018 um 19:33 schrieb Ivan Vučica <ivan@vucica.net>:
>

>> On 5 Jun 2018, at 18:39, Wolfgang Lux <wolfgang.lux@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Am 05.06.2018 um 14:48 schrieb Andreas Höschler <ahoesch@smartsoft.de>:
>>>
>>> I am stuck! Any idea whatI am doing wrong and how to get this working?
>>
>> Add -lsqlite3 to FirstAccess_TOOL_LIBS. :-)
>> BTW, you should also add the other -l options to FirstAccess_TOOL_LIBS and not to _LIB_DIRS, which is intended to be used for -L options. This has a better chance of getting the order of flags right on systems where it matters.
>
> This doesn’t fully explain the latter attempt when manually invoking gcc (which is probably clang).

I'm not exactly sure what your comment is referring to. The problem is that there is no -lsqlite3 option to link with the SQLite3 library in the first place and that fully explains the undefined _sqlite3_* symbols during the link step.

I did not notice that. That would indeed explain the entire problem away.

I mistakenly thought that the issue is in archs, so I was commenting that the issue would not appear in the manual invocation sans-gnustep-make.

Since there is no -lsqlite3, that explains everything.

My additional advice on the use of the TOOL_LIBS and LIB_DIRS flags is just for getting the order of options right (otherwise he'd might link with the SQLite3 version that comes with macOS and is installed in /usr/lib rather than the one installed locally in /usr/local/lib, although I doubt it will make much of a difference in this particular case).

Wolfgang
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile