Re: Where's it going?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Where's it going?
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 22:04:30 +0200

> Am 15.06.2018 um 18:01 schrieb David Chisnall <gnustep@theravensnest.org>:
>
> On 15 Jun 2018, at 13:36, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> Are you referring to the pull request on GitHub? We maintainers don’t get
>> any notification from GitHub when a new pull request is created. The only
>> way to find out about them is to go through all the different modules and
>> check whether there is a new one. Not a very efficient system. I would
>> suggest that you go through all of the GNUstep sub projects yourself to see
>> how time consuming that process really is.
>
> I believe you must have explicitly opted not to get them for this to be the
> case and it is configurable.  GitHub will send email notifications for a
> variety of things, including new pull requests or issues for any project that
> you’re watching.  I certainly get emails when anyone files an issue or PR for
> libobjc2…

This may be true for repositories where you are the owner, but have you ever
thought about the fact that you do not get this emails for the rest of GNUstep?
I have now added myself as a watcher to the  four main GNUstep modules.

And I found a query for the PR filter to show all the relevant requests at once:

"is:open is:pr archived:false user:gnustep“

There where actually quite a few there. I was able to merge most of them but
want to apologise to everyone for taking so long to do so. We never intended to
use GitHub for change requests or issue tracking. Now they are happening there
and we need to adjust to this.

Fred