Re: Package building

From: H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: Package building
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 14:14:47 +0100

> Am 19.11.2019 um 13:17 schrieb Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com>:
>
> Ideally, I want to see a repo I can add to my distro with a single
> command, then I can install $product _and get updates from then on_.
> Ubuntu PPA and Fedora COPR repos make this easy; openSUSE hosts the
> OBS and software.opensuse.org to offer equivalent functionality.

You may take a look at how mySTEP / QuantumSTEP is doing this.
Just needs to add something to /etc/apt/source.list.d and then
apt-get update + apt-get install quantumstep.

But I must admit that it also fails in describing this step
at a well known place. It is hidden in a deep link [1].

And at the moment it is not supporting up-to-date base distros
(e.g. Stretch, Buster, Sid) due to library incompatibilities.

BR,
Nikolaus

[1]: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/quantumstep/page/Installation/