Re: Call to stop contributing

From: Graham Lee
Subject: Re: Call to stop contributing
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 08:51:39 -0600

Hi all,

I observe the evidence that RMS has indeed stepped back from such statements, e.g. https://www.stallman.org/archives/2019-jul-oct.html#14_September_2019_(Sex_between_an_adult_and_a_child_is_wrong). The GNU kind communication guidelines (https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.html#f1) declare political discussions other than the advocacy of free software off-topic in GNU project fora such as this list, so I will not enter into that topic here. However, I will make myself available to Johannes, RMS, and to Greg and the GNUstep maintainers for constructive discussion via email if they wish to have that discussion privately.

On the specific topic of the continued stewardship of the GNUstep project, I just want to express my position that dissociation from the GNU project is not proportionate nor desirable in my opinion.

Kind regards,

Graham.