[DMCA-Activists] regarding list noise

From: C. Scott Ananian
Subject: [DMCA-Activists] regarding list noise
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:17:55 -0400 (EDT)

Seth's reposts were fascinating, but this *isn't* a complete unmoderated
list, is it?  Perhaps I should clarify that I was responding in particular
to this:

> El Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 09:54:19PM -0400, Russell McOrmond deia:
> > (I received this on address@hidden, and suspect that only that forum
> > will receive my reply given I am not a member of the others)

I assumed that dmca-activists was likewise closed to non-members (the norm
due to spam, no?), and thus the presence of these messages in my
mailbox meant that someone had explicitly moderated them through.  I was
voicing my preference that this not be done in the future, except for
directly-relevant announcements, minutes, etc.  Discussion IMO being best
restricted to among list members, rather than among the world entire.

But perhaps I was wrong.  I suppose in that case I fall back on requesting
the standard -announce/-discuss split, sigh.

Enough of out me, or the email about the noise will outshout the noise.
 --scott

DES DNC counter-intelligence Khaddafi Diplomat Leitrim DC Kojarena
shortwave D5 SLBM explosives Yeltsin EZLN FBI algorithm Attache ammunition
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )