[DotGNU]IDE questions

From: Tomislav Sajdl
Subject: [DotGNU]IDE questions
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:20:01 +0100

(reposted because i sent message from the wrong account)

My thoughts:
Mr. Sugar mentioned correctly that every IDE makes proprietary projects
files, which is problem. What about idea to define in advance project file
format for DotGNU? I would suggest it to be XML based. If we define all tags
correctly, having in mind reasonable set of possible future needs, we could
achieve great advantage (under presumption that we do not change its
definition every now and then). We should make SharpDevelop to be ready IDE
in a time of DotGNU release. But, if someone wants to make KDevelop (IIRC
ver 3.0 should be not only C/C++ oriented) or Eclipse capable for editing
DotGNU projects, he will be able to do that easily. We would have then not
only multilatform tool, but mulitiIDE environment. I think that it could be
one nice feature that could be achieved without too much work. It's all on
standardisation.

I would like to hear what Mr. Mike Krüger thinks about this idea.

About Eclipse:
Do you think it is worth of try to lobby Eclipse founders to change their
licence? Their licence is 0.5 version, which seems like it is not completely
defined yet.

Greetings,
Tomislav