RE: [DotGNU]IDE questions

From: Yonas Jongkind
Subject: RE: [DotGNU]IDE questions
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:51:33 -0800

Would it not be possible to create the "best of both worlds"?

One could create a binary that reads a binary XML project file, and then
update the xxx_SOURCES (+ etc) for automake into the makefile.am. Then in
the makefile.am add a rule that makes the makefile.am dependant on the .XML
project file.

Then the IDE can store it's stuff, and the make system can store it's stuff.
I wouldn't want the makefile cluttered with all of the IDE stuff. Further
there is some stuff you want to be able to type directly into the
makefile.am.

Yonas.