Re: [DotGNU]Our blindspot - (was: Sun likely to join Web services group)

From: John
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Our blindspot - (was: Sun likely to join Web services group)
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:39:55 -0600

Bill Lance wrote:
> Do you think we need an alternative to UDDI, or to
> centralized discovery service using it?

Possibly both. The description language seems to be built to the
assumption of a centralized registry. My preference: decentralize the
directory, leave the language be. If, however, the language assumptions
prevent discovery decentralization, then one must modify the UDDI
language. That make sense?

John Le'Brecage