Re: [DotGNU]Microsoft guru: Stamp out HTTP

From: S11001001
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Microsoft guru: Stamp out HTTP
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 19:03:45 -0600

Rhys Weatherley wrote:
Post-HTTP, everyone rushed to build their systems on
top of HTTP.  This usually involved twisting the service
to fit the protocol, destroying the value of the service
in the process.  We need to get back to our roots of
"one service, one protocol".  It's ironic that it is
Microsoft that is pointing this out.

I always thought it was weird that XML-RPC et al were over HTTP. However, it has its nice elements, like GET/POST.

--
quit   When the quit statement is read, the  bc  processor
       is  terminated, regardless of where the quit state-