Re: kill ring menu

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: kill ring menu
Date: 23 May 2002 15:24:48 +0900

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:
> It's such a general variable that I would hesitate to hardcode
> font-core.el into pushing ((face font-lock-face)) onto the alist,
> since the user may want their own alternative properties for `face',
> etc...

It can just add to the alist, e.g., look for an existing entry for
`face', and if so, add it to the end of the entry (which is always an
list), or the beginning, depending on whether you want font-lock faces
to be hidden by other alternative faces or not.

That's one cool think about this approach, BTW, is that then you can
maintain multiple `views' of the faces (and invisible regions, etc.) in
a buffer and easily switch between them.  Not that I'm sure of a good
use for such a capability, mind you ... well, it would make implementing
blinking text easy.  :-)   Hmm, maybe it could be used for outline mode
or something...

-Miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research