Latest CVS version on Mac OS 10.2.1 does not work from dock if Emacs.app

From: Gilbert Harman
Subject: Latest CVS version on Mac OS 10.2.1 does not work from dock if Emacs.app is put in /Applications
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 16:52:26 -0400

I downloaded the latest CVS version at noon today and installed a clean
version, putting the Emacs.app file into my /Applications directory as
usual.  Although I could start up by double-clicking the Emacs application,
I could not start by clicking on the image I dragged to the dock, which I
used to be able to do.

When I moved the Emacs.app file back to the emacs/mac directory from where
it came and then dragged it to the dock, I could open it by clicking on the
image in the dock.

But I would like to keep it in my /Applications directory.  What to do?

 Gil