Re: INSTALL-CVS

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: INSTALL-CVS
Date: 02 Jun 2003 23:54:39 -0700

> However, I guess it would be harmless now to change it so that
> top-level `make all' updates the Info files but does not generate
> the DVI files.

Suggestion -- have the configure script 'touch' the Info files as the
last thing it does if and only if they exist at the time of the
'configure'.  Then 'make all' shouldn't update the Info files that are
delivered with the distribution, but should do the right thing at all
other times without requiring any special tricks in the Makefiles.

--
David Masterson                David DOT Masterson AT synopsys DOT com
Sr. R&D Engineer               Synopsys, Inc.