Re: flyspell bug

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: flyspell bug
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 22:10:39 +0200

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 13:08:27 -0400
"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> wrote:

#> It seems to me that there is no reason for flyspell.el to check the
#> buffer-local specifications every time it checks or corrects a word;
#> doing this when the user enables Flyspell mode ought to be enough.

Not really. I work sometimes with several buffers where each is
written in a different language. After your change, the ispell
dictionary isn't automatically adjusted anymore.

I need to manually run, for example, ispell-word in order for
ispell/flyspell to notice it should change language/dictionary.

It seems, therefore, that flyspell should read buffer local
specifications at least after changing buffers.

#> Which suggests making this change. Does it fix the problem?

Your change does seem to fix the problem with transient mark mode for
me, though.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

The first myth of good management is that it exists.