Re: W32 version crashes on C-g

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: W32 version crashes on C-g
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:43:18 +0100

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 3/19/06, Kim F. Storm <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Here is what I have done so far ...  Somebody more familiar with
>> W32 programming should take over from here!
>
> The trouble is, must be someone familiar with the Emacs architecture
> on Windows, too. I've never had the time to wrap my head around the
> way the Windows port handles messages, the input thread, etc.

I don't think you need to understand much (or any) of Emacs internals
to fix this bug.

AFAICS, the bug is in sys_select in w32proc.c which does not properly
emulate the "unix select" semantics for server sockets (in "listen"
mode).

Fixing that is pretty isolated from the rest of emacs.

> I'm very interested in working again on the emacsclient/emacsserver
> stuff; but with a 50%+ CPU load, my old computer overheats in five
> minutes :-(

So I guess you have the motivation to fix it :-)