Re: multi-tty branch created

From: Károly Lőrentey
Subject: Re: multi-tty branch created
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 18:11:09 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
> Károly Lőrentey <address@hidden> writes:
>> I don't believe it represents a regression in its current form.  As
>> we know, Windows support is broken, but thankfully people are
>> working on that now.
>
> Uh what?  In its current form, Windows support is broken but it does
> not represent a regression?  We must have different definitions of
> "regression" then.

Clearly, I meant that it does not represent a regression for UN*X users.
 That's why there was a second sentence after the first.  I wasn't
arguing for putting anything on the trunk *now*.  I was simply asking
for consideration of my time when changes are made to emacsclient on the
trunk.  My Emacs-related work load has suddenly increased, and topping
it with extra merging work is really not welcome.  Is that an
unreasonable viewpoint?

> Actually, at the moment emacsclient does not
> compile which _is_ a regression.  And such regressions will
> _certainly_ occur until we get this to compile on all platforms.

Yes, the current problem is simply a side-effect of the much needed
porting effort.  This phase will pass soon.

> It is quite too early to predict how things will progress.  My
> impression is that the multi-tty branch is on a good track (and it
> quite helps that you are not trying to block contributions and
> criticism).  That's not enough to put forward a plan, but it's a good
> sign.

OK.

--
Karoly