Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: What a modern collaboration toolkit looks like
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:01:58 +1300

 > Many of the regular developers on this list appear to have a great deal
 > more experience with both (dVCS tools and Emacs development) than Eric
 > does...

Collectively, perhaps.  Most seemed to share their point of view from the
system(s) with which they were familiar.

I can see that placing the entire revision history of Emacs in a new VCS is a
major undertaking that is not to be taken lightly.  Choosing a bug tracker, in
comparison, is trivial: if we don't like it, we stop using it.

How about just approaching that task first?

RMS has said:

   debbugs looks plausible, but what I would really like
   is for someone to try using the various possible bug trackers,
   limiting himself to email, and report on how well each one works
   in that mode.

It looks unlikely that anyone is willing to be quite so self-sacrificing.
Is it possible for someone to set up a Debian machine that is connected to the
Internet with debbugs and just see what happens?  Or are we just going to
spend the rest of 2008, 2009,... talking about it?