Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 12:11:49 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> Any news on this front?
>
> I think what we need now is a test Bzr repository in bzr.sv.gnu.org (so
> we can test the various tools).
>
> From what I can tell the Bzr service is not yet activated on Savannah
> for the "emacs" project, but it seems that once it's done sftp access
> will work fine, whereas bzr+ssh access suffers from an old version of
> Bzr on bzr.sv (when I tried it complained about an unsupported protocol
> and then reconnected with an older protocol).
>
> Can someone contact the Savannah people to activate the Bzr service, and
> then try and install Jason's latest converted repository
> (http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/emacs-merges.tar.lzma).  Note that this
> repository uses a recent format, so it proably won't be supported by
> bzr.sv's old Bzr server, so at first only sftp access will work, so we
> should try and get bzr.sv's Bzr upgraded.

How does this sound:

When Bazaar 1.14 comes out (it's in release-candidate stage now), Jason
does another repo conversion, and we ask Savannah to upgrade to the new
server.  We also get the latest version of Loggerhead installed (that
may come automatically with Bazaar, not sure).

1.14 will include the end-of-line conversion feature.  (It would be
great to be able to easily test Windows development!  Of course, Emacs
itself handles the different EOL styles, but still...)

On the one hand, I don't want infrastructure to bit-rot between when we
set it up and when the project actually starts using it for real
development.  On the other hand, we need to test.  Bazaar 1.14 seems
like a good compromise point.

-Karl