Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 20:10:53 +0200

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:59 PM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

> AFAIK, Lennart added support for the MS Windows menu navigation keystrokes
> (aka
> menu accelerators) - see his library `menacc.el'.

Yes and we were also discussing adding this to GNU/Linux but it has
not happened yet.

A problem is of course that Emacs uses the Alt key by default as Emacs
META key. (I have a patch for this for w32 as I have said  before many
times).

There are some bugs in menuacc.el (it depends on tmm), but it works
reasonably well. I have postponed further development on it until it
is included in Emacs.