Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:16:23 +0200

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 17:02, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:

> My intention has not been to fork (though you seemed to believe that, Juanma).

No, I don't think that was your intention, though I think (and
apparently I'm not the only one) that's what you've done. I dislike
that, because it seems like a wasted effort. I'd rather see you
working on standard Emacs. Seems unlikely.

But anyway, my comment wasn't about your fork, just noting that it is
possible to serve the needs of the Windows users without forking.
Udday seemed to imply otherwise.

> The problem is that it is very hard to get them accepted. Thousands of
> users using them without trouble does not seem enough.

We've rehashed this many times, most recently a few weeks ago. There
are many reasons why the patches have not yet been accepted. "Thousand
of users using them without trouble" is a good start, but not a
conclusive argument per se.

    Juanma