Re: Key bindings proposal

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Key bindings proposal
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 11:22:15 +0200

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 10:39, Uday S Reddy <address@hidden> wrote:

> In that case, I would like to understand at least the key binding
> aspects of this divergence.

I don't think they are the main reason behind the fork, but I could be wrong.

> How do you think Lennart could have
> changed the key bindings for the needs of W32 users?

What are the specific key bindings needs for W32 users that standard
Emacs does not support? We have CUA mode, and it's not hard to load a
package to rebind whatever is necessary. AFAIK, Lennart has code to
make using the Alt key as alt easier, but I'd like to know what are
the specific troubles that require so, and how necessary it really is.

Also, note that I've said "to make it appealing to Windows users", not
"to make it a clone of every Windows application". Of course if you
need that *everything* works in Emacs *exactly* as in Notepad, then
use Notepad.

    Juanma