Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Move to git, now that bzr is no longer a req.
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 09:16:40 +0200

> From: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 22:38:35 +0100
>
> Curiously enough, `git pull' seems to be a Perl script (the executables
> and scripts are on Git/libexec/git-core.) But it works from MSYS, hence
> somehow the problem is not so serious.

For you, maybe, and with the current versions of the MSYS DLL that you
have in msysgit and in MSYS.  But relying on this is living
dangerously and _will_ some day require you to deal with strange
failures and crashes during a build.  No, thanks.  I've fought that
war once and decided that I never again want to go that way.

> I suggest that for the time being we stop worrying about what unkown
> problems might be lurking and wait for something concrete to
> materialize.

If you use MSYS and msysgit my way, you don't have to wait for
anything to materialize, because it won't.  It's just inconvenient, as
I need to have 2 separate shell sessions open at all times, and
remember to switch to the right one depending on what I want to do.