Re: cl-defgeneric vs random funcall in project.el

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: cl-defgeneric vs random funcall in project.el
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 20:47:35 +0100

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 8:37 PM, Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, you mentioned Makefile targets, and we don't do anything with those,
> so far. There's no "default" project structure which you could adapt your
> projects for, except for "a root directory with files in it", and depending
> on the language, etc, we might have to several of those.

We might be miscommunicating again. This is what I meant:

I'm not expecting you to develop it but perhaps in the future there will be a
project.el-based backend that, instead if looking up the tree for the
.git dir, looks for Makefiles. And perhaps in the future it might even parse
them and collect, say, targets. If "project target" is a concept ever added
to  project.el (not saying it should, but it could), then

   (project-targets (current-project))

could return some interesting info for that backend. And I would consider
restructuring my project if that could enable some tools that use
`project-targets`.

--
João Távora