Re: poplife-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: poplife-mode
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 12:47:08 -0500

> Is it a good idea to invent a UI that is unlike anything out there in
> any other GUI application, at least AFAIK?  Last time Emacs did that
> there was no other app around, but not so nowadays...

AFAIK "long click brings up a context menu" was used in macOS some years
ago (no idea if it is still used), so it's not a completely new idea.
The only existing standard I know for context menus is to use mouse-3,
but that clashes with existing Emacs behavior.  Of course, we could
simply drop that existing Emacs behavior.

        Stefan