Re: (local) abbrev injective and other problems, capitalization

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: (local) abbrev injective and other problems, capitalization
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2018 08:27:59 +0200

>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

   >> What do I miss?
   > abbrevs are case-insensitive by default, as suggested by the following
   > in `define-abbrev`s docstring (and specified more clearly elsewhere,
   > most likely):

Well I would call it *partially case-insensitive*

Because if I define

 nacion -->  nacíon

Then

Nacion is *not* expanded to Nacion

But if I try to define

 Nacion --> Nación

It does not work. Very confusing.

So it seems that   :case-fixed is the solution. But how do I use is for
inverse-add-mode-abbrev and friends?

The docstring of that function  does not say anything about this variable.

Maybe one should define a new variable, say

add-abbrev-case-fixed

If it is t, case-fixed is added to the abbrev table and nil would be the
standard behaviour. Our maybe this is already implemented. Any pointer
would be welcome.

Thanks

Uwe