Re: Fill column indicator functionality

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Fill column indicator functionality
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 18:04:23 +0200

Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 10:51:02 +0200
From: Ergus <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

For example, this does not reproduce the issue, but the changes applies
to the "Customize Options" buffer itself only.

emacs -Q

M-x display-line-numbers-mode
M-x customize-variable RET display-line-numbers RET

But this:

emacs -Q

M-x global-display-line-numbers-mode
M-x customize-variable RET display-line-numbers RET

Does reproduce the bug and no changes applies at all.

I think it has to do with what Stefan suggested.

Then I think we have nothing to worry about: this is a general issue,
not something specific or new with this new mode.

So I will remove the latest commit I added that fixed this, but removed
the buffer local variables.