Re: 27.0.50: How can I test a buffer-local window-configuration-change-h

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: 27.0.50: How can I test a buffer-local window-configuration-change-hook in batch mode?
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 10:51:36 +0200

> +As 'window-configuration-change-hook' is now invoked by redisplay,
> +existing tests relying on it may fail.  Adding a call to 'redisplay'
> +is sufficient for interactive test runs; but for batch mode you will
> +need to run the hook explicitly, as 'redisplay' has no effect:
> +
> +  (unless (version< emacs-version "27")
> +    (redisplay)
> +    (when noninteractive
> +      (run-window-configuration-change-hook)))
> +

Could you please provide a more realistic example for the function you
want to put on that hook than the

    (add-hook 'window-configuration-change-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode nil t)

from your initial example?  Then we might be able to come up with
something more practical than invoking a hook explicitly.

Thanks, martin