Re: Let mode-line packages distinguish the selected-window

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Let mode-line packages distinguish the selected-window
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 23:10:53 +0200

> I understand the general idea, but in the display code the devil is in
> the details, and this particular place is tricky already.  One issue
> that bothers me is what happens when we are in the minibuffer window.

FWIW with Emacs 27 the form

(or (eq (selected-window) (old-selected-window))
    (and (not (zerop (minibuffer-depth)))
         (eq (selected-window)
             (with-selected-window (minibuffer-window)
               (minibuffer-selected-window)))))

should handle all concerns.  To get rid of the 'with-selected-window'
'minibuffer-selected-window' should accept an optional argument in
order to skip the

&& MINI_WINDOW_P (XWINDOW (selected_window))

check.

martin