Re: evaluating numbers

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: evaluating numbers
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 17:33:37 +0100

    Lars> Robert Pluim <address@hidden> writes:
    >> Actually, thatʼs a totally bogus reason, since this all ends up in the
    >> echo area, and itʼs not done for the other representations. Removed.

    Lars> I thought it made sense -- you could skip to the *Messages* buffer and
    Lars> kill any of the four representations and then M-: (insert C-y ) RET
and
    Lars> insert the character in the buffer.

    Lars> If the ?\N{...} isn't there, you can't do that with the fourth
    Lars> representation.

You can skip to the *Messages* buffer, kill 3 of the 4
representations, and do C-x 8 RET C-y if the ?\N{...} isnʼt there,
which I think is shorter. Of course, since this is all about the
output from "C-x =", you could just copy the character you already
have in the buffer :-)

    Lars> And it's also nice as a discoverability thing, since I'd guess most
    Lars> people don't know about that representation.

That I canʼt deny. Iʼll add in (info "(elisp) General Escape Syntax") in
my next patch ;-)

Robert