Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, pl

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 12:34:17 +0200

On 20.11.2019 11:51, Michael Albinus wrote:

How shall it be possible to write an Emacs bug then, given we would have
switched from Debbugs to Gitlab issues? Only via the Gitlab Web Page?

We can have different methods (like we do already), but the easiest one would be to open a New Issue web page pre-filled with the user's system information, Emacs version, etc.

Those who went through with creating a personal access token could use the full-Emacs method.

This I would regard as a show-stopper, if Emacs does not offer a simple
method to write a bug report on its own.

Having users report bugs like they do for every other free software project under the sun? Oh horror.

Anyway, we could also have an special email address that would automatically create bugs under a dedicated account. But the user would have no way to edit it afterwards.