Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, ple

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Emacs project mission (was Re: "If you're still seeing problems, please reopen." [
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 09:20:07 +0100

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> I agree with you completely, Lars. As long as Richard is comfortable with us
> considering GitLab, I would encourage whoever has the gumption to make this
> happen to begin pursuing a scheme that is both welcoming to new users, and
> friendly to the workflow of those who will actually have to use the system for
> many hours each day.
>
> If you can win over Eli, and some enthusiastic random user X from Reddit,
> you've likely found a winner. GitLab seems to have good mindshare, some
> flexibility, and satisfies the freedom requirements of anything we might
> consider.

You need an account if you want to write a new bug report ("issue") in
Gitlab, even for public projects. No problem for Emacs developers, they
will have an account on Emacs' Gitlab stanza. But we will miss bug
reports from Emacs users, which usually have no account there.

I, for example, don't write bug reports for other projects if it
requires me to create an account first.

Best regards, Michael.