Re: Christmas wish: Literate Elisp

From: VanL
Subject: Re: Christmas wish: Literate Elisp
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 20:39:57 +1100

Tim Cross <address@hidden> writes:

> It is only when you do something more complex that weaknesses become
> evident.

> On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 at 15:24, arthur miller <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>  I have no idea if literate programmign is very good or not.I certainly
>  don't do it much.

>  I am not sure myself if this is somethign very usefull or just a cool
>  gimmick. I personally can see some nice use cases,

>  I am very conservative myself when it comes to making changes, what
>  is not broken should not be repaired. I am also very pragmatic. I
>  don't do changes just for changes sake, I do it only if it does
>  something useful.

On Reddit¹, UselessCodeMonkey mentions two of the best development
teams at writing software, rated five stars.  Learnings from their
practices is worth the while to apply if they're not proprietary and
offlimits.

Footnotes:
¹
https://www.reddit.com/r/spacex/comments/edavxw/boeing_starliner_suffers_offnominal_insertion/