Re: Request: add cl-font-lock to Emacs or Elpa

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Request: add cl-font-lock to Emacs or Elpa
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 12:12:22 -0400

> Is it possible to add this to lisp-mode.el?

Indeed, it seems it would make a lot of sense there, tho maybe we don't
want to preload it, so it might make sense to keep it in a separate file
(actually, I think it would also make sense to move some of the
definition of the `lisp-mode` major mode to such a separate file, since
`lisp-mode` (the major-mode) is used only by the a small subset of Emacs
users).

I also wonder how you made those lists?  Have you extracted them from
the CLHS?  If so, it would be good to include (e.g. as comments) the
code&steps that was used.
[ I'm also curious why things like make-method and next-method-p are in
  built-in--symbols rather than in built-in--functions.  ]

Finally, of course, there's the issue of copyright.  I don't see your
name in the copyright.list so it appears you haven't yet signed any
copyright paperwork.  I see Yue Daian as author, but the git log doesn't
mention him.  How does your work relate to his?  Who else contributed?

        Stefan