Re: Request: add cl-font-lock to Emacs or Elpa

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Request: add cl-font-lock to Emacs or Elpa
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 10:19:26 -0400

> IMHO this should have been part of lisp-mode, since lisp-mode is
> really for Common Lisp and this just complements the lacking piece of
> its font lock.

Agreed.

> Because I was not in this mail list, could anyone please sync with me
> the current status?
>
> Are we going to make it into Elpa, or built-in with Emacs?

I think the intention is to add it to Emacs's core.

It will require some tweaks, of course.  But before that there are some
questions which have remained unanswered so far:

On Sun, 15 Mar 202, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I also wonder how you made those lists?  Have you extracted them from
> the CLHS?  If so, it would be good to include (e.g. as comments) the
> code&steps that was used.
> [ I'm also curious why things like make-method and next-method-p are in
>   built-in--symbols rather than in built-in--functions.  ]
>
> Finally, of course, there's the issue of copyright.  I don't see your
> name in the copyright.list so it appears you haven't yet signed any
> copyright paperwork.  I see Yue Daian as author, but the git log doesn't
> mention him.  How does your work relate to his?  Who else contributed?

The more important ones are in the second paragraph, and the main one
is missing: would the authors be willing to sign the needed
copyright paperwork (AFAIK neither you nor Spenser have signed that
paperwork yet)?

        Stefan