Re: policy regarding DEFUNs in subr-x.el

From: Štěpán Němec
Subject: Re: policy regarding DEFUNs in subr-x.el
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 16:31:12 +0100

On Sat, 28 Mar 2020 18:04:40 +0300
Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Štěpán Němec <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 15:47:11 +0100
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> > How about if instead of removing, we reword it so that it only talks
>> > about the macros in the file?
>>
>> IMHO that would still beg the question "what's so special about this
>> library that they're talking about this?"
>
> It's "special" of sorts, in that it's mostly macros.

:-D Yes, but not only macros, so you'd have to say something like "if
you only need macros (and inline functions) from this library (and
byte-compile your code), you can do (eval-when-compile ...)", which
could be said about a lot of other libraries as well.

But yes, it would at least be less confusing than the current wording,
so if you don't want to remove the note, it would be an improvement I
think.

--
Štěpán