RE: Convert some files from outline-mode to org-mode

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Convert some files from outline-mode to org-mode
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 15:41:14 -0700 (PDT)

> > I don't think I will ever manage to remember any of
> > the keybindings for the outline-(show|hide)-… functions,
>
> For this reason I implemented `reveal-mode` ;-)

1. FWIW, both Org Mode and Outline Mode offer
all anyone needs to know about showing/hiding,
navigating, etc. - in the menu-bar menus.

I can't understand people lamenting an ability
to remember key bindings.  Especially veteran
users - they should know how to ask Emacs.

If you're in a mode you don't understand well,
use `C-h m' or `C-h b'.  If such help isn't
good enough then we should improve it.

And any veteran Emacs user should expect that
an important or longstanding major mode probably
also has one or more menu-bar menus, which can
help with key bindings.  And anyone who discovers
that some mode has a poor menu (or none) can file
a bug report to improve (or create) it.

2. It sounds like trivially adding TAB as a key
for cycling among items in Outline mode would,
regardless of what mode is used for NEWS, be a
good idea.  And such a lame argument shouldn't
be put forward as a reason to switch to Org mode
for NEWS.  (I'm not saying anything here about
which mode should be used for NEWS.)