Re: questions about correct reveal-mode usage to hide passwords

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: questions about correct reveal-mode usage to hide passwords
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 12:35:11 -0400

On 12/06/2020 12.17, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
> Let me know if you have strong objections or any suggestions, otherwise
> in a day or two I'll document and push this patch.

If you go this route, I would recommend extracting functionality shared between
this and prettify-symbols-mode into a separate library; otherwise, won't you
have conflicts between the password-hiding patterns and the prettification
patterns? Additionally, I'd be surprised if turning of prettification also
revealed passwords.