Re: questions about correct reveal-mode usage to hide passwords

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: questions about correct reveal-mode usage to hide passwords
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 18:38:39 +0000

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 18:09:48 +0000 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:

TZ> Let me know if you have strong objections or any suggestions, otherwise
TZ> in a day or two I'll document and push this patch.

I've split up my commit into 1) a minor bugfix (preexisting), 2) the
prog-mode prettify-symbols-mode changes, and 3) the
auth-source-reveal-mode implementation and documentation. All in branch
scratch/tzz/auth-source-reveal-mode

The docs in doc/emacs/programs.texi should be updated with the
prettify-symbols-mode changes, but I'll hold off because it may be
better to move them out into a library. Right now it's an API but still
tightly bound to prettify-symbols-mode in naming and behavior.

Clément or anyone else interested, could you please review?

Thank you
Ted