Re: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]

From: Boruch Baum
Subject: Re: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 12:12:44 -0500

On 2020-11-03 19:07, Jean Louis wrote:
> It works, but it does not give me safety feeling.

I don't understand the comment. Are you saying that the package could /
should do something differently? Also, if you have an account on github,
you give feedback there or open issues there. Or you can just email me,
but dealing with a organized forge environment like github / gitlab
helps keep things organized.

> It broke my console.

Whoa. I use console emacs, and never encountered such a problem, so
that's serious. Can you please give details? I've been using this
package for months, and it's the product of accumulated piecemeal work
over years - all on console emacs. Please send me details to reproduce.

> I could not see nothing any more, could not escape from Emacs.

Please try to send details to reproduce.

> On X it is creating new frame.

That's the expected behavior - to have a dedicated emacs frame for two
dired panels and their associated temporary buffers (ie. shell buffers
and a quick-view buffer).

> - test it on console

My favorite.

> - test it in EXWM

Interesting. I've never used EXWM, so I'm interested in how that went.

> > I can't reproduce this in emacs 26.1, but I do get the error in
> > emacs-snapshot. I don't have emacs 27, which may be what most users in
> > the field will be using. What version were you using?
>
> Like latest git from yesterday maybe. Sorry for that.

Don't be. I want user feedback. You reported an error that I had missed
and I corrected it.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0