Re: Feature branches review please

From: Basil L. Contovounesios
Subject: Re: Feature branches review please
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 23:18:38 +0000

Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:

> The icomplete-vertical feature branch is pretty much ready, please if
> any maintainer could give it a last review and tell me anything else
> needed to merge into master?

Thanks.  I've never used icomplete before, but FWIW I just gave it a
quick whirl with icomplete-separator set to "\n" and the orderless
package installed, and it seems to work fine.

The only thing that caught my eye in the code is that variables defined
with defvar-local can be set with setq; they don't need setq-local,
since they automatically become buffer-local when set.

> OTOH the highlight-completions branch is almost ready too. I have more
> doubts about this and maybe I will be doing some unneeded things there,
> so maybe a review with some critics and advises will be very very
> welcome.

I have yet to try this branch out, but it sounds cool.

--
Basil