Re: Feature branches review please

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Feature branches review please
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 22:30:31 +0300

* Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> [2020-11-05 21:51]:
> > I don't think that embark is what I mean. Here is short screen how
> > actions are implemented in Helm with TAB:
> >
> > https://gnu.support/images/tmp/2020-11-05-20:26:22.ogv
> >
> > I can then choose what to do on the selection instead of the default
> > action. In Ivy actions are also there but with M-o
> >
> > If function icomplete-completing-read is not there, I still need to
> > use external packages. It is more useful if it is there.
> >
> > How can I checkout that branch?
>
> FWIW, such actions would be a great addition to the generic completion.
> If done well, it could help unify a bit more Ivy, Helm, Icomplete, and
> the default completion.  Currently in Icomplete there is a very limited
> and ad-hoc support for actions in the form of the "kill" action when
> selecting buffers.

And why not include ivy straight into Emacs and then build on top of
it?

Also tabulated-list-mode would need built-in incremental narrowing
search. That would be great too. I have application working in that mode.

Who can help me check out the icomplete-vertical branch that I may
try? I am working on application Hyperscope that is based on
Engelbart's work and it uses browsable tabulated-list-mode. Sometimes
there are many choices, the list can be really long. Index of specific
pages in PDF file can be thousands and thousands. Of course I have
implemented incremental narrowing by using Helm and I wish to switch
it to something built-in.q I wish to give those to GNU ELPA soon. But
with focus on least number of packages from outside.

Insight with some bugs:
https://gnu.support/images/2020/11/2020-11-05/2020-11-05-22:14:01.ogv

and export to Org mode:
https://gnu.support/images/2020/11/2020-11-05/2020-11-05-22:23:20.ogv

For that system I need vertical incremental narrowing search. I would
be best if tabulated-list-mode provides such function.

Help me to checkout that ivertical branch. How do I get it?

I have tried git branch --list but I see only master.